Sellers often make the mistake of creating a long list of home features while ignoring neighborhood features. They tout the spacious kitchen, and the newly renovated bathrooms, but say little about the area.
So, when you’re ready to sell your home, sit down and create two lists: home features and neighborhood features. Buyers want to know both.
On the neighborhood features list, include:
1. Locations of schools and daycare centers.
2. Major retailers and shopping centers.
3. Proximity to major commuting routes.
4. Theaters, night clubs and other entertainment.
5. Rinks, gyms and other sporting facilities.
6. Green space, walking trails, and ponds.
When buyers have their eyes on two properties which are comparable in features, the neighborhood is often the deciding factor.